New Fundraising Campaign for PW for the 2018/2019 School Year!
We are excited to introduce a new, on-going fundraising program that will not cost you one penny. This will be in addition to our Direct-Appeal Fundraising.
PW PAC will provide order forms every month for families to purchase plastic gift cards from large, well known retailers. For every card that is purchased, a small percentage will go back to PAC. Some of the cards are reloadable which means you just reload those cards in-store or online and our school receives a cheque every three months based on all the reloading done by all our parents. This program is meant primarily for family weekly shopping and secondarily as gift giving for presents. The average family spends $6,000 – $7,000 on groceries each year. If even 100 families can purchase $100 per week on all household purchases from participating retailers, the school can earn $20,000 this school year!! Please look for details in the information package that will come home with your child in September.
Your Fundraising Team – please contact us if you would like to help out!
PAC funding is intended to benefit students by enhancing their extracurricular opportunities, including for example:
· Student publications: newsletters, yearbooks;
· Student competitions: writing, debating, chess, music;
· Student computers: software, hardware, accessories;
· Student societies: drama club, student society;
· Student ceremonies: graduation, dry grad;
· Student conferences or educational field trips within BC;
· Uniforms and equipment for extracurricular activities;
· Sports or playground equipment;
· Awards and trophies;
· Scholarships and bursaries for post secondary education (paid directly to students);
· Capital acquisitions directly benefiting students, such as playground equipment;
· Student transportation and travel within BC; and
· With prior branch approval, student transportation and travel outside BC, where the student group:
· Is representing its school as a result of merit achieved through organized competition;
· Is competing in a sport that involves cross border travel;
· Has been selected because of its level of creative achievement or success; or
· Is entered in a recognized competition in which there is a formal evaluation or adjudication process. [Note: out of province field trip(s) are not eligible uses of PAC funds.] Grant funds to PACs and parent organizations may be accumulated for up to three years without prior approval from the branch.